As a children’s author, Barbara loves meeting the children she writes for and sharing some of her experiences and expertise with them. Children love to meet authors and Barbara loves to meet readers!
To inquire about or schedule a visit, please contact Michele Kophs, Provato Marketing, Michele@provatomarketing.com.
Barbara can present to small groups as well as large assemblies. Her presentation is most suitable for grades three through six and includes the following:
- Visuals of some of her childhood writing
- The inspiration behind each of her books
- How authors use real life events in fiction stories
- The importance of revisions (including samples of her manuscripts marked for revision by her editor)
- Her all-time favorite, sure-fire writing technique with plenty of student involvement
- Ten to fifteen minutes of Q&A with students
- Worksheets for teachers to use for following-up in classroom.
Barbara also offers Skype visits
Click here for more information.
Barbara also does writing workshops for small groups. (Contact Barbara for information)
(Note: workshops require classroom-sized groups and a minimum of two days.)
What Others Have Said About Barbara’s Visit
Some Places Barbara Has Been
Fees and Expenses
Schedule a Visit
Prepare for a Visit (FAQs)
Announce the Visit:
Here are some materials to help you promote Barbara’s visit to your school, parents,
and local media.
Color Poster to Announce Barbara's Visit (PDF)
Press Release (MS Word document)